Memory by Polly
I think of Mason a lot, wondering what he is doing. I can feel when Mason is close by me because I get the same type of feeling each time. There are times that I realize that I have not felt those feelings for awhile and I wonder if I have strayed from the spirit. I have learned that the Lord teaches us in a way that is familiar to us. Like he did when he was on the earth teaching. He would teach in parables using words and things that the people were familiar with so they could understand what he was talking about.
Several months ago, I was thinking about Mason and realized I hadn’t felt him close by for awhile. Was I straying or was Mason busy? Well the Lord gave me an answer. He taught me with something that was familiar to me.
When I was in the Philippines with Mason just before He came off his mission, we were at the Mission Home in San Pablo . It was transfer day and all the missionaries were there. What an awesome feeling it was that day being amongst hundreds of Missionaries. We were all in this big room in the chapel/all purpose room on the Mission Home grounds. Mason was up on the stand sitting with the rest of his “Batch” that were going home. They were all smiling, talking, so excited to be there together. You could see it in their faces. They were beaming with excitement. During the meeting they all stood and sang “Called to Serve,” singing with much enthusiasm. Mason and each Missionary that was leaving to go home bore their Testimony of the Savior. Mason was happy, serving with other missionaries, Testifying of the Savior.
That day several months ago that I was wondering, this vision came so clear in my mind that I knew what Mason was doing and that he is happy. He is serving and teaching the gospel with other Missionaries, testifying the truth of our Savior Jesus Christ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
You know, for some reason I can see this picture so vividly in my mind. I wasn't there, but the spirit is strong when I think about it. I remember the feelings of leaving my own mission in North Carolina; excitement, anxiousness, nervousness, sadness, happiness, a lot of mixed emotions. I can only imagine that Mason had many of those same feelings leaving his mission from the Philippines and also leaving his mission here on this earth.
How exciting it has to be for him to be reunited with so many of his friends and ancestors that greeted him that day he returned. August 11, 2005. What a great day it will be for each of us when we can return to our Savior's arms and see our many loved ones again.
Thanks for sharing this post Polly.
Post a Comment